Unfortunately, when it comes to facial skin products, I won’t be the blogger that will be able to provide you with a lot of recommendations because I do have sensitive skin. In the past I have tried to be all fancy and spend hundreds of dollars on different skin regimens, only for my skin to peel off or flare up with acne the next day (Thankfully Sephora has a no hassle return policy). Through trial and error I have been able to find a few products that do work for me. Don’t tell anyone I told you this, I do have a bad habit of falling asleep with my make up on when I am really tired. Although I am still working my 9 to 5 job, I am grateful that I am able to work from home 2-3 days out the week. On the days I do work from home I don’t wear any make up so this allows my pores to breathe. Thank goodness!
Next to a freshly brewed cup of coffee, a freshly cleansed face is 2nd place to me for the best wake me up. As always, we can read articles on what products a woman should use on her face in her 20s, 30s, and 40s, but I firmly believe that you have to find out what works best for your skin (genetics, exposure to sun, and other lifestyle choices are also huge factors). My grandmother on my father side passed away when she was 91. If I posted a pic of just her hands alone, you would guess she was in her 40s. If it is true that we will be reflections of our parents when we get older, then skin is the least of my worries. My mother also has beautiful skin at 69 (she is the warm towel face cleanser person) and so did her mother. So at 36, what does my daily fresh face routine look like now? Let me break it down for you (Looking at the picture above, it won’t take long).
Golden Girl Fresh Face Routine:
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes -(Not Pictured) On the days I wear makeup, I like to use these wipes as the first step to getting my make off. (Yes I know I can use regular soap, but I just don’t like all that residue in my hands, don’t judge me)
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser- After I have finished with the remover wipes, I use this Aveeno cleanser. I prefer foam over cream cleansers just because I feel like it lathers better and washes off more easily. I use this product for when I wake up and before I go to bed. This cleanser is light, gentle and it does the main thing, not break my face out.
- Lancôme Absolue Premium Night Cream– Finally, once my face is freshly cleansed, I apply this cream to my face. I know I don’t want a tight dry face when I go to bed, so I use this cream because it is smooth, light, and doesn’t break my face out in the morning (Are you noticing a pattern yet?).
- Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask– I don’t use this product daily, but I wanted to include it because I do use it at least once or twice a week depending on how my skin feels. It has been an extremely hot summer and I do run outdoors often, so this mask definitely helps rejuvenate my skin when it feels a bit dehydrated.
- CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM– (Not Pictured) After I have washed my face with the Aveeno foam cleanser, this is the lotion I use for the daytime. I like the CeraVe products in general because they cater to the sensitive skin market. This product is non-comedogenic, non-irritating, and it also packed with SPF 30 to protect against them rays.
So there you have it! Is that a normal list for people? Oh, I forgot mention my beloved Clarisonic! This is also a tool that I don’t use daily, but at least once a week. Ok, I’m done for real this time. There are thousands of products that you can choose from to create your own fresh face routine, this is just what works for me (for now). Whether your fresh face routine involves multiple products, or just the warm towel and soap, just make sure you at least get the cold out your eye and the dried up drool from your mouth.
What does your fresh face routine look like? Share your comments..