Although I don’t travel as much as I would like, I do love to travel. I feel there is too much of this world to see, for me not to explore it. Growing up in a middle class family of seven (5 children, 2 parents), my father was the sole provider. He is a retired veteran and was a small business owner. I still have fond memories of going to Disney World in Florida, visiting the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., and having picnics at the rest stops on our road trips. My parents did an awesome job making sure we were outdoors either at the local parks, or taking a roadtrip to explore our surroundings. Now that I am older, I want to get some stamps in my Passport and see some mind blowing shh.. stuff. So I have compiled a list of my Top Five bucket list vacation spots. Let’s go into further detail of each one. (Photos that are not my own, you will see the photo credit, with the Instagram account name)
- Bora Bora Island– Bora Bora is a small South Pacific island 160 miles northwest of Tahiti in French Polynesia and 2,600 miles south of Hawaii. According to a 2008 census, Bora Bora has a permanent population of 8,880. I love almost any country or city that has beach. Especially since the nearest beach to me is about a four hour drive. When I do visit this destination, I will be staying at the Four Seasons Bora Bora Resort. I have to experience relaxing in a hut over crystal blue water for seven days.
- Santorini, Greece– Santorini is an island in the southern Aegean Sea, about 200 km (120 mi) southeast of Greece‘s mainland. Santorini generally experiences two seasons. April to October is the warm and dry season and the cold and rainy season lasts from November to March. The tourist pictures that I have seen of Mykonos and Santorini are always breathtaking. When I visit this place, I want to stay at the Volcano View Hotel
- Mahe, Seychelles– Mahe is the largest and most developed of the Seychelles islands in the Indian Ocean off East Africa. This place is known for their white sand beaches and lush forests. This island is where you go for tranquility and to view its natural breath taking beauty. I would like to book at the North Island Seychelles for this vacation.
- Amalfi Coast, Italy– Amalfi Coast is a 50-kilometer stretch of coastline along the southern edge of Italy’s Sorrentine Peninsula, in the Campania region. I read that this place is known for its restaurants, hotels, and hiking trails. These coastal mountain views are just stunning. This would be the place I would definitely pack on the lbs because of all the food dining I will be partaking in. I have my eyes set on the Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa for my accommodations.
- Dubrovnik, Croatia– Dubrovnik is a city in southern Croatia fronting the Adriatic Sea. This picture is at Banje Beach, a popular tourist attraction. Hvar Island (St. Tropez of the Adriatic) and Krka Waterfalls are two places I would have to visit when I make my trip here. This would be a great destination for me to also get my history and architectural lessons. I love a boutique hotel, so I would book my accommodations at the Hotel Villa Dubrovnik
Of course we all know this travel bucket list could go on and on, but I want to first work on checking at least one of these vacation spots off my list. If you are a person that loves to travel and visit new places than you may find beauty and appreciation in one or more of these destinations. Since I took the first step this year for my birthday in taking a solo traveling experience, I feel more comfortable with taking another trip abroad by myself if I have to. Unfortunately my parents do not like the idea of me travelling alone, but a Golden Girl has to do what a Gold Girl has to do.
What places do you have on your travel bucket list? What places do you recommend to visit?
Share your comments…